HHSAA inducts 35th class into Hall of Honor
The twelve inductees of the 35th class of the Hawaii High School Hall of Honor pose for a group picture. CJ Caraang | SL
Twelve outstanding senior student-athletes were inducted into the Hawaii High School Athletic Association Hall of Honor at an Awards Dinner Sunday Evening at the Dole Cannery Pomaikai Ballroom.
The inductees were chosen by a 16-person selection committee of current and former sports reporters, athletic directors and coaches. Each of the inductees will receive a $2,000 scholarship courtesy of Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
• Kayla Afoa, Kamehameha (volleyball, track and field, soccer)
• Kesi Ah-Hoy, Kahuku (football, basketball)
• Jocelyn Alo, Campbell (softball, wrestling)
• Lia Foster, Punahou (swimming & diving)
• Hugh Hogland, Iolani (basketball, volleyball)
• Kekaula Kaniho, Kahuku (football, basketball, track and field)
• Celena Molina, Konawaena (basketball, volleyball)
• Kristen O'Handley, Kaiser (cross country, track and field)
• KJ Pascua, Iolani (football, wrestling, judo)
• Ava Shipman, Seabury Hall (cross country, track and field)
• Tua Tagovailoa, Saint Louis (football)
• Dane Yamashiro, Iolani (wrestling, judo)
The keynote speaker was Ken Niumatalolo, who currently serves as the head football coach at the United States Naval Academy. Niumatalolo also starred in football at Radford High School and then at the University of Hawaii.